Wednesday, February 01, 2023

Sugar Free Jam

When you are diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, the race is on to find as much sugar free or reduced sugar products, not to mention those with low carb or low GI.
I like jam on my toast in the mornings.
Very low carb (85% less) or reduced carb (50% less) bread is reasonably easy to find.
Sugar free jam not so much.
Commercial brands have limited variety and some taste quite awful while imported products, not that there are many, are very expensive.
I did find one supplier in Tasmania who produced a whole range of different varieties from local fruit most of which were excellent.


It seemed to be a farm kitchen business.
Then, due to personal issues, the business closed down with a promise to reopen in due course.
I had enough stock to keep myself going for quite a while and then ran out.
Started buying the imported products but then they ran out of stock.
In desperation, started back on a minimal scraping of normal jam.
A bit pathetic I know.
But the local producer is back!
New name, new label. 
Thank you Aunty Mary.
Order placed!

No comments: