Friday, November 04, 2011

The Co-Driver's USA Report / Part 2

The Co-driver again….

While I was back in the USA, I had several quilts quilted by my sister and niece. They are commercial quilters with the business of Charmed I’m Sure. Since arriving home, I’ve sewn the binding onto all three of them. I’ve also attached a sleeve to two of them as I intend to hang them in our house.

This one is a simple log cabin that I made years ago with left over fabrics from a friendship quilt exchange. This will hang over the ‘wine laboratory bench’ in the little house. Carin quilted this with a pantograph.

The second one is a quilt that Kay pieced for me for my birthday. Again, Carin quilted it with a pantograph. Isn’t she good?


And this one – well, if you’re a regular reader of Mr. W’s blog, you’ve seen it before…..it’s my Australia quilt that took….oh….10 years or so to finish. It has probably over 150 different fabrics in it. I started collecting colors for this quilt after my first visit to Australia in 2001.

Check out the quilting…..Kay did a frickin’ fantabulous job on it. Every time I look at it I see something different. My favorite part is the pebbles.
I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!
I’m going to put it in the local show early next year. It’s a long shot that it will win but it’s a winner in my book so I don’t really much care what others think of it.

3 comments:

The Daughter said...

The Co-Driver really is one hell of a talented lady! x

Anonymous said...

awwwww....shucks....... :) xo

Anonymous said...

I can't look at too many pix of your Australia quilt.....so impressive. color me jealous. :)